Button batteries pose ‘deadly’ risk to toddlers

_91329025_1Surgeons are warning of the potentially deadly risk posed to young children by button batteries.

If accidentally swallowed, the small, round batteries can get lodged in the oesophagus and potentially burn a hole through its lining.

To read this article;http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37410343

For some additional advice on keeping children and young people safe from button batteries go to; http://www.capt.org.uk/safety-advice/keeping-children-safe-button-batteries 


Leave a Reply

Thinking of Fostering?
Thinking of Fostering?

Thinking About Fostering

If you are interested in becoming a foster parent and have or will have a spare room in the near future, then please don’t hesitate to call us on 08000 19 11 65 or fill in the enquiry form below.